Ops Manager (Project Management)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Enterprise Infrastructure team is looking for 3 talented operations managers to join them to support their growth as our new colleague.
As part of this domain, you’ll be joining Ubisoft’s IT and more specifically responsible for the corporate infrastructure and provides services required by all teams at Ubisoft such as networking, storage, directory services and deployment tools.
In this role, you will support the Regional Manager in overseeing work quality and service levels for the team under your management. You will help follow up on and validate the team’s work and coach team members all while bringing your communication, analysis and organization capabilities to the table.
- Manage a technical team with its capacity resource allocation as per priorities to ensure smooth execution of IT strategy and clean roll out of projects;
- Lead operation systems and processes improvement to accommodate the hypergrowth of Ubisoft systems while ensuring we keep uptime and quick service restoration in case of incidents;
- Develop KPI and data driven system availability reporting and ensure monitoring of adherence to high operational standards;
- Incident Management and vendor cases follow-up as part of Follow-the-Sun supporting efforts;
- Fuel automation efforts to reduce manual operations and increase overall efficiency;
- Be the main point of contact regarding feedback about vendor operation quality/reactivity;
- Provide operational perspectives on all aspects of the service architecture and design to clients while providing strategic counsel, visibility and offering good service;
- Represent the team in various regional or global meetings and processes, including but not limited to Change Approval Board and Communities, with a focus on synchronizing and aligning work on services with other regional counterparts;
- Manage team growth and recruitment of new team members, while focusing on creating an environment built on trust, open communication, creativity and team spirit.
Training and experience
- BS Computer Science or other technical degree and/or related experience;
- Minimum 5 years of system administration experience in large organization;
- Minimum 2 years of technical management including team management.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills allowing you to make decisions quickly in an environment where you’ll need to multitask and prioritize;
- Ability to make complex information accessible to technical and non-technical audiences & all levels of management;
- Strong knowledge of system administration principles;
- Good understanding of automation tools and deployment principles (Ansible, CI/CD, etc.);
- Knowledge of systems monitoring and availability software;
- Have good interpersonal communication skills – Oral and Written Comprehension of English & French.
We have different needs within the team to fulfil and are looking for 3 different roles & expertise. As such as demonstrated experience in a large enterprise implementing and working with best practices, in one of the 3 distinct expertise: system, networking & storage.
For the storage Ops manager profile, we are looking for that expertise:
- Experience with operational storage solutions (NAS), virtualization technologies (VMware) and open-source infrastructure environments.
For the network profile:
- Proven experience with operational network solutions (Cisco, Citrix and Open source tools).
For the systems profile:
Proven experience with operational implementations for any of these:
- Directory & Authentication services (AD, DNS, DHCP, PKI, ADFS, Azure, MFA);
- Messaging and Unified Communications ecosystems (Office 365, Exchange Servers, VoIP);
- Windows/Linux OS, Software Deployment & Configuration, Licensing
- Management (SCCM Intune, KMS, SCOM);
- Familiarity with operational best practices for large scale web hosting environments;
- Cloud computing familiarity a bonus.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that’s why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.